Friday, August 28, 2009

The Play's the Thing....




The kids were a part of a play camp this past week. It is a great camp because everyone gets a part and they do it all in a week. Lines have to be memorized, dances and songs learned, all in a very fast paced manner. You have to be seven to be in the camp and Becca and Harry have been done it 5-6 times in the past. Of course, Bella wanted to be in the camp this time. I have to admit I was a little nervous for her. As I have mentioned before, sometimes remembering things without lots of repetition can be a big challenge for her. In the end, I decided it was what Bella wanted and she shouldn't held back from trying things just because it might be a little hard for her. Truth is, sometimes I think it is harder for me to watch her struggle than it is for her.



The play was Aladdin and the Magic Lamp. Harry and Becca were street vagabonds and Bella was a ribbon merchant. They all did great and Bella remembered her line (she had one all by herself) and the songs. I am so glad I let go of my fear for her. She is such a determined little girl! We were lucky that Erick's Dad and stepmother were able to schedule a visit at the same time as the play so they could see it too.



The pictures posted are from the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment