Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week in Review




I'm not sure, but I think the economy is turning around. Why do I say that? Well, Erick has not traveled much at all for work over the last 6-8 months. Now...he is traveling almost every week. I don't know for sure if work travel is an official economic indicator, but I think it might be. Anyway, he was gone a few days last week to Boston and then he left to go back on Monday and will get back late tonight. In a week, he might be headed to Australia. In October he has trips scheduled to Dubai and Paris.





I have been busy keeping the household running. On Monday, Bella had her first Brownie meeting of the year. She was very excited since she bridged to Brownies at the last girl scout meeting last year. This year should be quite an adventure in Brownies as they will be going on outings as a group. As you can see from the picture, she was very proud in her new vest. Harry also had football practice on Monday night. Getting the kids to their various activities with Erick gone can be quite a challenge. With the help of friends and family, we get it done.





On Tuesday, Harry won his second football game of the season. I would say his team is on a roll, but I don't want to jinx it. The exciting part of the game was that Harry got to play center for the last part of the game. Apparently, his coaches were not happy by the usual center's performance so they asked on the sidelines if anyone else has ever played center. Harry saw this as his big chance and raised his hand. He later confided to me in the car that he had never actually played center before in a game only in practice last year. Well, his snaps looked good, so he might have the opportunity to play the position in future games.





Homeschooling is going well. I feel we are starting to get into a rhythm. I am meeting with an old high school friend that I haven't seen in years on Saturday night. She also homeschools so I can't wait to see what works for her!





Last night was the kick off of Wednesday night church activities. This year we have a lot of changes. Becca has decided to do choir this year before confirmation, Harry is doing bell choir before the 5th-6th youth group meets and Bella has a new choir for older kids that uses sheet music to follow along with. Bella said she likes using the sheet music because it is easier to read the words than to try and hear what the words are with everyone singing. I never thought about this before. I'm glad she is getting old enough to really understand and verbalize what things work to help her when she is missing things from not hearing.





Okay, ready for the bad mom story of the week? Here it is. I had written down that Harry's bell choir and Becca's choir both started at 5pm. I dropped them off at the church and instead of going in like a good mom on the first day and making sure the times were right and they got to where they needed to go, I saw it as a good time to make a quick trip over to Costco with Bella. I came back to church at 5:40pm and realized that I had sent Harry to the intermediate bell choir with middle schoolers. His was really supposed to start at 5:45pm. Well I apologized to the teacher, but she said it was fine and that Harry was very musical and did very well with the group. Oh well...





The weekend is gearing up to be a busy one with another football game, new speech for Bella, swimming, and a lacrosse clinic for Becca. Luckily, Erick will be back to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment