Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Are You Ready for Some Football?


Here in Minnesota we are just getting temperatures that resemble summer and now it is already time for Fall sports to start! Harry started football last night and will be part of the orange team this year. He has played for the last three years and really enjoys it. That is when he's not complaining about getting his gear on, how heavy it is, or that he doesn't want to wake up for Saturday morning practice. His coaches seem very nice this year. They are laid back, but knowledgeable about the sport. I am all about discipline and consequences, but hearing grown men scream at elementary school boys unnerves me. Luckily, it doesn't appear that we will have that problem this year.

Also the PGA mania has begun! We live in a neighborhood that borders Hazeltine Golf Course where the 2009 PGA will be played, so there is lots of excitement. Next door, there is a golfer renting our neighbors' house for the week. I am told it is Angel Cabrera winner of the 2009 Masters. I have not seen him with my own eyes yet, so I can't confirm. Pretty exciting though!

No comments:

Post a Comment