Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Riding Solo...




Bella's big summer vacation did not end with the cabin this year. She was lucky enough to go back to Chicago and spend some time with her Aunts, Uncles, Grandma, and cousin! She had a great time visiting Sears Tower, riding the L, and walking around Navy Pier. She even managed to fit in a shopping trip to Macy's. You can see her sundress purchase in the picture. That girl loves to shop! On the way back to Minnesota she rode the Amtrak train with her Grandmother!




I was really happy she had such a good time, but I am not going to lie, it was hard to have her gone. Perhaps it is because she is the "baby" of the family, perhaps it is because she adds so much to our family... I don't know, but it was tough without her. Due to Bella's extra equipment she has to travel with ( batteries, charger, dry and store machine for her implants) it is always a little more involved in sending her off. I certainly don't do it as much as I did with the other kids at her age. Yet I know it is very important for her to establish independence. Little trips like this are good for both of us!


Maybe in a year or two I will be ready to send her to camp...

No comments:

Post a Comment