Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now...


So in an effort to truly get Harry ready for middle school, we are getting him braces and glasses. The crazy thing is that he is
really EXCITED to get them! I don't know how long that excitement will last...


He had been complaining for awhile that he was having trouble seeing distant things clearly. Like the good Mom that I am, I put off bringing him to the eye doctor until it was convenient for me. His vision wasn't terrible (20/60), but it did need correcting. When we picked up the glasses at the store, Harry laid it on pretty thick! "Oh wow, there are so many things I couldn't see before, " he said. You would have thought we had just cured blindness.


Anyway, his glasses are pretty cute. According, to the woman at the store, the current trend in eye ware is called, "geeky chic". Great! I told Harry if he broke them, we would use duct tape to fix them, since insurance only covers one pair of eyeglasses per year...
Braces, here we come, July 6th...

No comments:

Post a Comment